Saturday, September 12, 2015

Newport RI Fort Adams

It is hard to get used to just how much sailing is done around here.  On the West coast it is unusual to see a boat under sail.  Here, they are everywhere in every shape and size.  I am especially impressed with the schooners that are sailing with tourists all day long.  Other places, you can see they leave the engine on.  Not here.  The crew sails right off the dock and through the mooring field.

We went to Fort Adams today in the dingy and I managed to take a pretty impressive shot with beautiful boats, sky, bridge, and David in the foreground.  It almost looks like I know something about photography. Which officially I do not.  Click on the photo to get a bigger view.


Later we watched woman's rugby on the Fort Adams rugby pitch (not a typo).  Very odd.  May never see that again in  my LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment