Friday, September 18, 2015

Family and Mansions

We had visitors yesterday!  My cousin Mike Smith from Minnesota was in Boston visiting family and I saw a Facebook posting from them.  Hey, they were a short drive away, so we got in touch and serendipity strikes!  They had no plans for the following day, so drove down to Newport.

We spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening enjoying some restaurant food (thanks for lunch Mike and Jeanie) spent some time aboard Gypsy Queen, then went on the Cliff Walk.  Perfect weather, wonderful company, who could ask for more.



All the opulence of the Cliff Walk mansions reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures.

Proverbs 30

7“Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
8Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment