Friday, May 15, 2015

Best grits to date

The South seems enamored with gits with breakfast which always confused me until I had some grits with my eggs in Thunderbolt SC at Tortugas Island Grill.  A little family run resturant (don't tell the SC labor board, but here you get your breakfast served by the owners children.. cute).  The gits here are mixed with something heavenly, I suspect cheese and spices.  So, something that is normally bland and inert is transformed into something fatty and spicy.  It will be hard to beat.

2 comments:

  1. Mark thanks for the blog. I'm enjoying following the adventure

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gits at Georgetown just couldn't stand up to the ones in Thunderbolt. Not bad, but not up to snuff.

    Tonight we are at anchored in an inlet off the Waccamaw river called the Oxbow. We passed another sailboat today and shared drinks with the captain at the anchorage. He is from VA and retired having been in the programming business for 10 years before I graduated from high school. Great conversation with Charles the captain of the Tink II

    ReplyDelete